Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Hatchet :: essays research papers

Within reading the first few pages of tomahawk, I knew I was going to enjoy the book. Hatchet was a story about bravery, courage, and strength. I enjoyed reading this great novel by Gary Paulsen.The story begins when Brian, a thirteen-year-old boy, is traveling on an airplane. Brian is from the city, and is traveling to Canada to visit his Father. The move is in the Canadian wilderness and is most important because Brians adventure would have been impossible in a city. Brian was very upset about his parents separation, but was excited to be visiting his buzz off. However The Secret, as Brian refers to it, is always in the back of his mind. Brian has seen his mother with another man. He wants desperately to tell his father, but knows his father would be crushed. I think that this situation is something that could happen in real life. Brian is totally distraught. If I were in his place, I would be also. But instead of disturbing about telling my father, I think I would be worrying about confronting my mother with the situation. I would feel I needed to stop the office before my father did find out.Brians trip is very unexpectedly interrupted, when the planes pilot has a heart attack. Brian tries to continue the flight, with help from hands over the radio. Unfortunately, the radio dies, and the plane runs out of gas. I think this part of the story, is very unrealistic. If the plane were supposed to make it all the way to the destination, why would it unawares run out of gas? Also, why would the radios suddenly become broken? I realize this was the whole point of the novel but it doesnt face realistic.Brian then spends exactly Fifty-four days by an L-shaped lake. He faces many conflicts. He is put in a situation like the Survivor telecasting show. He needs to find a way to survive, unlike on the show, by himself. He needed protection from the weather, so he built shelter. He was hungry, so he hunted for food. He discovered how to catch fish, rabbit, and d iscovered bushes of nuts. He also had a bad encounter with Poison berries, as he called them, which made his stomach sick. Brian also had encounters with wild animals, such as, a porcupine, and a moose. Brian needed warmth, so he made fire, without any matches.

No comments:

Post a Comment